Little Star BE14-6174075 is a daughter of two other highly renowned racing birds: Blue Lagoon BE10-6143302 and Iron Lady BE08-6259143. They have both claimed several top prizes. This is for instance Blue Lagoon's palmares:
1. Montluçon 2,545 p. 1. Blois 762 d. & fastest of 3,317 p. 15. Nat. Montluçon 17,865 p. 4. Argenton 1,495 p.
Iron Lady claimed the following prizes in her racing career:
1. Chateauroux 2,611 p. 2. Nat. La Souterraine 4,787 p. 3. Nat. Argenton 5,756 p.
For the pedigree of Little Star, click here.National champion long distance olds 2019
Thanks to a series of truly fantastic results in the long distance, Bart and Jurgen Geerinckx claimed a title of 1st Nat. Champion Long Distance old birds KBDB 2019. And the first four (!) ace pigeons in the category Ace Pigeon long distance olds & YLs at provincial level were won by Bart as well. It goes without saying that Bart and Jurgen also claimed the title of 1st Prov. Champion long distance olds & YLs KBDB PE Antwerp.
The descendants of Little Star did more than their share, winning several national and provincial prizes. Take for instance the national race from Souillac, where Bart & Jurgen claimed a provincial first prize both with the old birds and the yearlings. Both these provincial winners are grandchildren of Little Star.
Super Yearling (BE17-6024091)
This racing cock was the best yearling of the team last season (2018); he goes by the fitting name of Super Yearling. He did win two national top prizes in Chateauroux that season: a 78th Nat. Chateauroux of 4,641 p. and a 110th Nat. Chateauroux of 13,098 p. Speaking of a head start...
Super Yearling, BE17-6024091
And the continued to deliver in 2019. Super Yearling demonstrated his excellent form early in the season with a 1st Melun of 3,414 p., putting him along a select group of birds that is notoriously tough to beat. And then came the icing on the cake, with a 1st Prov. Souillac of 338 old birds (with a 14 minute lead!). At national level, he finished in 17th place of 3,739 pigeons in Souillac. In just two years' time, Super Yearling was able to join the ranks of some of the greatest racing birds of Luc, Bart & Jurgen Geerinckx. Is this the rise of a new champion in Wommelgem?
The sire of Super Yearling is Gladiator Star, a son of top class birds Gladiator and Little Star.
GF: Gladiator. After claiming several top prizes as a racing bird, and claiming a title of 2nd Olympiad Pigeon Porto 2005 and 3rd Nat. Ace Pigeon KBDB 2004, Gladiator proved just as valuable as a breeder in the following years.
GM: Little Star. She is a 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon yearlings longer middle distance KBDB 2015. Like we said earlier, she is another youngster of two fantastic racing and breeding birds: Blue Lagoon and Iron Lady.
The dam is none other than Sweety, 2nd Olympiad Pigeon Cat. B Budapest 2015 and 9th Nat. Ace Pigeon longer middle distance yearlings KBDB 2013.
GF: Lion, a renowned breeder from the line of De Leeuw of Marcel Wouters (Westmalle, BE).
GM: Zus Fantasy, another excellent racing hen that developed into a great breeder later on.
For the full pedigree of Super Yearling, click here.
Tommy Girl, 1st Prov. Souillac 372 yearlings
The winner in the yearlings' race is a granddaughter of Little Star: Tommy Girl BE18-6024224. She claimed a provincial first prize of 372 yearlings, as well as a 17th Nat. Zone of 1,164 p.
The sire is Favourite Tom BE16-4080053, a direct Tom Van Gaver. The grandfather is New Drinker, an excellent racing bird and winner of a 2nd Blois of 2,018 p. and a 5th Vierzon 6,298 p. Her grandmother is Mother Always There, and she is the dam of a 7th Nat. Ace Pigeon longer middle distance YBs KBDB and an 11th Nat. Ace Pigeon longer middle distance Yearlings KBDB.
The dam is White Star BE15-6020167, a daughter of successful racing birds Gladiator and Little Star.
For the full pedigree of Tommy Girl, click here.
Beautiful Star, BE17-6024072: 1. Prov. Argenton 3.025 jaarlingen
Last year, in 2018, Bart won a 1st provincial from Argenton of 3,025 yearling with Beautiful Star, which was bred from a full sister of Little Star.
The sire is Argento BE14-6202115, and he has a 2nd Nat. Argenton of 5,208 p. to his name, as well as a 6th Montluçon of 1,408 p. and a 10th Nat. of 2,500 p. from Chateauroux.
Dam: BE16-6033750 Sister Little Star. She is a full sister of Little Star, a 1st National Ace Pigeon KBDB longer middle distance 2015.
The descendants of Little Star have been outstanding in many other lofts as well. We talk you through some of the birds that have put Little Star on the map outside of Wommelgem as well.
Little Lagoon, BE18-4194239
A half sister of Little Star, Little Lagoon, has had a successful season for Ariën - De Keyser (Houwaart, BE), winning a 5th Nat. Zone Aurillac of 1,112 p. and a 5th Nat. Zone Souillac 998 p. This led to the following prizes at national level: a 19th Nat. Aurillac of 3,886 p. and an 85th Nat. Souillac 3,737 p.
The PIPA Elite Center has a fine collection of Little Star relatives as well. The breeding lofts in Knesselare are home to a full brother and sister of Little Star, as well as to a half brother from his mother's side, and a half brother from his father's side.
New Freddy 340-14
New Freddy BE14-6174340 is a half brother of Little Star from his mother's side, and he is a son of New Freddy and Iron Lady. He has bred several talented racing birds over the years; we take a look at a few of his most successful descendants:
1. Limoges 3,600 olds – 89. Nat. 13,569 p. 4. Chateauroux 2,336 p. – 26. Nat. 27,081 p. 9. Prov. Cahors 570 p. – 102. Nat. 6,903 p. 6. Soissons 1,491 p. 77. Nat. Zone Valence 2,802 p.
2. Prov. Bourges 780 p. – 27. Nat. 8,978 p. 25. Chateauroux 2,336 p. – 174. Nat. 27,081 p.
35. Interprov. Chateauroux 3,061 p. 16. Prov. Tulle 485 p. – 154. Nat. Tulle 5,326 p.
3. Prov. Jarnac 515 p. – 99. Nat. 4,940 p.
Sister Little Star 858-16
Sister Little Star BE16-6033858 is a full sister of Little Star, and she is the dam of the following racing birds at the PEC:
2. Nat. Zone Limoges 1,129 p. – 231. Nat. 7,236 p. 23. Chevrainvilliers 1,597 p. 43. prov Vierzon 1,628 p. - 104. Interprov. Vierzon 5,462 p. 88. Prov. Blois 2,802 p. 84. Chevrainvilliers 2,572 p.
8. Prov Angoulême 1,374 p. - 29. Nat 5,030 p.
Brother Little Star 859-16
And Brother Little Star BE16-6033859 is another full brother of Little Star that proved his potential in the PEC breeding lofts. He is the sire of:
1. Nat. Zone Souillac 1,357 p. - 2. Nat Souillac 3,737 p. 9. Prov Argenton 1,060 p. 37. Nat. Zone Argenton 5,067 p. 71. Nat Argenton 15,235 p. 10. Toury 973 p. 68. Prov. Orleans 6,375 p. 6. Prov. Aurillac 383 p. - 30. Nat. Zone Aurillac 1,031 p. - 57. Nat. Aurillac 3,886 p. 18. Pont-ste-maxence 1,005 p.
23. Nat. Zone Argenton 5,067 p. 43. Nat. Argenton 15,235 p. 47. Prov. Limoges 1,346 p. 63. Limoges 3,600 p. 11. Prov. Aurillac 383 p. 40. Nat. Zone Aurillac 1,031 p. 84. Nat. Zone Aurillac 3,886 p.
6. Prov. Bourges 1,431 p.
Son Blue Lagoon x Acy 920-16
A half brother of Little Star, Son Blue Lagoon x Acy BE16-6033920, has also bred several gifted birds. In this case, we only included the results of his most prominent youngsters, which include two provincial winners!
BE17-4062498, 1st Prov. Argenton
1. prov. Argenton 1,477 p. - 7. Nat. 19,859 p. 19. Nat. Guéret 8,517 p. 3. Prov. Châteauroux II 927 p. - 48. Nat. II 13,098 p. 19. Prov Châteauroux I 1,853 p. - 73. Nat. Zone I 8,089 p. 33. Prov. Bourges I 1,431 p. - 51. Interprov. 3,648 p. - 241. Nat. 19,133 p. 78. Interprov. Vierzon 5,462 p. 124. Prov. Orleans 6,375 p.
5. Interprov. Vierzon 5,462 p. 5. Soissons 634 p. 16. Chevrainvilliers 1,597 p. 41. Prov. Vierzon 2,734 p.
BE18-4194210, 1. Prov. Le Mans
1. Prov. Le Mans 579 p. 2. Chevrainvilliers 357 p. 19. Prov. Blois 3,050 p.
24. Prov. Sens 4,433 p. 18. Prov. Argenton 1,594 p.
9. Prov. Châteauroux 1,090 p. - 186. Nat 12,855 p.
Brother Little Star 482-17
This full brother of Little Star, BE17-6024482, is the sire of a provincial winner as well. This is quite remarkable, given the young age of this breeder. It is quite likely that he will continue to breed gifted youngsters in the future, besides these two prize winners:
6. Nat. Zone Châteauroux I 2019 6,645 p. 1. Prov. Argenton II 2019 524 p. - 6. Nat. 5,158 p. 19. Prov. Argenton 1,290 p. - 128. Nat. Zone 7,481 p. - 239. Nat. 22,826 p.
25. Prov. Bourges II 4,881 p. - 73. Nat. Zone 8,545 p.
This is just a brief selection of the many talented descendants that the Little Star bloodline has produced. And let's not forget that none other than Kaier claimed a title of 5th Ace Pigeon in the Pioneer Race in 2018 with a grandchild of Little Star.
It is fairly obvious now that Little Star and her descendants have only just begun their winning streak. We are confident that they will be claiming many more victories in the years to come, with descendants of the best one year old pigeon of 2015 in the Belgian longer middle distance competition.