Frans Sablon in between Bruno Van den Brande (right) and Yannick Deridder (left)
Bruno Van den Brande and Yannick Deridder of the Flanders Collection are known as the caretakers of the De Rauw-Sablon bloodline. You can reread our article about the composition of their breed here. Their loft is home to direct youngsters and grandchildren of the very best stock breeders, including Dreampair (Albert x Paola), Limoges, top class breeder Freddy, Dromer, Marseille, Lucky 848, Bak 17, Smallen, Marseille, Blue Ace, and Fondman. Their youngsters and grandchildren have continued to breed new generations of national winners, ace pigeons and other highly successful racing birds. For instance, Bruno and Yannick have the parents of no less than five national winners in their collection. Rarely has a pigeon breed had such a profound impact on the national and international competition. Today, the De Rauw-Sablon bloodline continues to play a key role at international level, as you can see below.
Rauw-Sablon achieved the following results in 2013
The following pigeons of Freddy & Jacques Vandenheede are based on the line of Rauw-Sablon:
1st Nat. Ace Pigeon Longer Middle Distance Yearlings
3rd Nat. Ace Pigeon Longer Middle Distance Yearlings
5th Nat. Ace Pigeon Long Distance Yearlings
7th Nat. Ace Pigeon Longer Middle Distance Old Birds
- David Vermassen wins a 1st Nat. Brive yearlings with a De Rauw-Sablon descendant
- Gloria, winner of a 2nd Nat. Ace Pigeon Long Distance Old Birds for Bert Vanden Berghe, originates from this bloodline as well
- The 5th Nat. Ace Pigeon Longer Middle Distance Yearlings of Raf & Willy Den Haese is closely related to De Rauw-Sablon
- Erik Limbourg takes three national wins in 2013 in zone B. The Limbourg breeding loft is closely related to De Rauw-Sablon and Aelbrecht, and so are his three national winners
- Gustaaf De Bisschop wins the title of 1st Nat. Champion KBDB Young Birds and a 3rd Nat. Ace Pigeon Longer Middle Distance Young Birds with pigeons from the line of Diamond Bak 17 of the Flanders Collection.
To breed pigeons from top quality bloodlines is one thing, but achieving great results with these pigeons for years on end is another. The Flanders Collection has won the following prizes in 2013:
- 29 x 1st prize (160–550km)
- 125 x top 10
- 50 x top 100 national zone
- Old birds: 37% per 10 – 60% per 3 in the national races
- Yearlings: 31% per 10 – 57% per 3 in the national races
More of the same in 2014...
- Ariën-Dekeyzer wins a first prize with a youngster of King Ali, which was bred by Flanders Collection, using the successful De Rauw-Sablon x Heremans crossing
- Dimitri Deneys performs really well in the shorter middle distance. His pigeon family consists for 35% of pigeons from the Flanders Collection. We give you a few of his results from Souppes-sur-Loing (314 km):
188 olds: 1-2-3-4-6-8-11-13-16-23-28 (11/11 p.) 290 yearlings: 1-2-3-7-16-22-39-40-63-89 (10/10 p.)
A new generation of De Rauw-Sablon by the grandmaster himself
In order to preserve the quality of this bloodline in the future, Frans Sablon was invited to Liedekerke to compose a new generation of De Rauw-Sablon pigeons himself. He started from his own pigeon breed that is housed in the lofts of the Flanders Collection, and he carefully inspected every single pigeon there. In this loft, Frans will come up with a new generation of De Rauw-Sablon pigeons, just like he used to do in his own loft.
Grandmaster Frans Sablon has given a new boost to the invaluable Flanders collection breeding loft, and we are confident that this team of “New Look” De Rauw-Sablon pigeons will achieve plenty of successes and references. We look forward to it!