Leo Heremans has left his mark on international pigeon racing in the new millennium more than anyone else. He won prizes whenever he basketed pigeons. Any fancier who obtained his pigeons became successful almost inevitably. In other words not a single pigeon breed has had a greater influence on the sprint and middle competition than that of Heremans-Ceusters. After the total sale in 2007 Leo made a thrilling comeback under his own name. His achievements in the last few seasons are impressive. They will be hard to equal and perhaps impossible to surpass. We provided an overview:
1st National Champion Sprint Young Birds KBDB 2012
1st National Ace Pigeon Sprint Young Birds KBDB 2012
1st National Champion Sprint Young Birds KBDB 2010
Olympiad Pigeon Nitra 2013
Olympiad Pigeon Poznan 2011
2nd Ace Pigeon Western European Countries Cup Dortmund 2012
4th National Ace Pigeon Sprint Young Birds KBDB 2011
7th National Champion Sprint Young Birds KBDB 2011
The loft of Leo Heremans was not only the most awarded sprint family of Belgium; his achievements have also sparked the interest of many fanciers with an eye for top quality pigeons. In the following years an exceptional number of pigeon fanciers were interested in buying these Heremans birds. Every fancier who has had the chance to pay a visit to the Heremans loft or who was lucky enough to get a Heremans pigeon in his hand will agree that these pigeons leave a great impression! Their orientational abilities are better than that of a GPS system and their speed is impressive. These pigeons are well muscled and are very strong; they also have a great body and character. These are near perfect birds with plenty of strength and resilience. That probably explains the numerous successes that were achieved by plenty of fanciers who introduced the amazing Heremans pigeons in their lofts or crossed them with their existing pigeon breed. Descendants of the Heremans top class pigeons have raised the bar for countless lofts worldwide. Think for instance of the descendants from the top pair Nieuwe Rossi x Eénoogske, from Safier, Dochter Jan, Power, Zuster Nathalia, the amazing breeders Beautiful and Dochter Olympiade, the outstanding children of Olympiade of Gust Janssens, etc. This was confirmed by the countless references of other lofts in recent seasons. We have taken a look at these references and we selected some of the most important:
- Dirk Van den Bulck, Grobbendonk (BE): 1st Olympiad Pigeon cat. F. Nitra 2013 & 1st Champion Tienenverbond 2013
- Stickers-Donckers, Lille (BE): 3rd Olympiad Pigeon cat. F. Nitra 2013
- Johan Bleyen, Lommel (BE): 1st Nat. Bourges yearlings 12,608 p. 2011, 1st Nat. Zone/3rd Nat. Bourges 24,651 p., etc.
- Marina Van de Velde, Grobbendonk (BE): 1st prov. Bourges 4,555 young birds 2011
- Gebr. Herbots, Halle-Booienhoven (BE): 1st Bourges 1,265 p., 2nd Nat. 14,571 p., 1st I.prov. Moulins 3,044 p., 5 x first
- Dirk Van Dyck, Zandhoven (BE): Olympiad Pigeon cat. A Nitra 2013
- Danny Van Dyck (BE): 1st National Champion & 5th Nat. Ace Pigeon Middle Distance Young Birds KBDB 2011
- Luc Van Mechelen, Oud Turnhout (BE): Olympiad Pigeon Poznan 2011, 2nd Nat. Ace Pigeon Middle Distance KBDB 2010
- Michel Vanlint, Zoutleeuw (BE): Olympiad Poznan cat. C 2011, 12 x top 100 National & 6 x top 30 National
- Bart & Nance Van Oeckel, Oud Turnhout (BE): 1st prov. Chateauroux 1,862 p., 4th Nat. La Souterraine 3,562 p., etc.
- Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp, Brummen (NL): 1st and 3rd Olympiad Pigeon cat. B Nitra 2013
- Kas en Karel Meijers, Ootmarsum (NL): Olympiad Pigeon cat. F Nitra 2013, 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon natour WHZB 2010
- Gebr. Van Toor, Vlaardingen (NL): 1st NPO Ablis, 2nd NPO Creil, 5th NPO St. Quentin, 6th NPO Creil, 6th NPO Ablis, etc.
- Willem de Bruijn, Reeuwijk (NL): 1st Olympiad Pigeon Long Distance Poznan 2011, 3rd Olympiad Pigeon cat. F Poznan 2011
- Ad Schaerlaeckens, Baarle-Nassau (NL): 1st Ace Pigeon Sprint, 1st Ace Pigeon Middle Distance, 1st Ace Pigeon Overall, etc.
- Jan and Leanne van de Pasch, Grubbenvorst (NL): Best fanciers in The Netherlands WHZB 2012
- Wolfgang Roeper, Kummerfeld (DE): 1st Nat. Champion, 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon and Olympiad Pigeons in Poznan and Nitra
- Helmut Köster, Balve (DE): 1st and 2nd Hemau against 53,996 pigeons
- Hugo Vlaeminck, Rupelmonde (BE): Super Leo (BE06-6148021) is the sire of five different first prize winners (from sprint to light long distance)
Of course it would be nearly impossible to collect all references with excellent results that were achieved with Leo Heremans pigeons. Are you one of those fanciers who have been very successful with Leo Heremans pigeons and whose name is not in this list yet? Just let us know as quickly as possible so that we can add your name to the list as well. You can mail your achievements and/or additional information (date, flight + distance, the prize(s) won, possibly with pedigree and bloodlines, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 18 March 2013. These references will be added insofar as possible to the catalogue that will be published during the Leo Heremans auction.