PIPA - who are we?
PIPA has developed into the most prestigious auction house for exclusive racing birds, while also being the world’s largest news platform.
Our team of 21 staff and 30 agents across the globe sells thousands of racing birds every year, and we hit record sales numbers regularly as well. PIPA has been responsible for the 10 most successful pigeon auctions in history, as well as for the entire top 10 of most expensive pigeons sold online.
As a young company, we are looking for new employees eager to help us pave the way to future developments.
Only a great team can achieve great things!
- You will be joining a well-established China team, led by our China manager, working fulltime.
- You help foster communication between colleagues in China and Belgium; you are an important link between our headquarters and our Chinese employees, clients and suppliers. As such, you ensure optimal operation and service.
- You coordinate, guide and monitor both one-off and recurring projects.
- You coordinate, organise and guide visits of Chinese clients to Belgium.
- You are willing to travel to China every year.
- You promote the interests of Chinese clients, and you are always looking for the best solution.
- You establish a network of contacts, you identify business development opportunities and you take action accordingly.
- Within your position you get in contact with every branch, from sales over logistics to marketing.
- The moment something sparks your interest, you dive in, eager to put ideas into practice.
- You have many fields of interest.
- You have a higher degree, as well as three years or more of proven work experience in an organization that maintains relations with China.
- You are fluent in Chinese, and you demonstrate a strong affinity with China.
- You act as a direct link between East and West, and are capable of bridging cultural differences.
- You have a critical view on things. You are also interested in carrying out operational and administrative tasks.
- You can work independently but you can also work well within a team.
- You are self assured, tactful and have strong people skills as well.
- You do not have fixed working hours, and you are available in weekends, if necessary.
- Language skills: Chinese (preferably native), Dutch and English. Other languages can be an asset.
What do we offer?
This will be a highly varied job in an enjoyable working environment. You work together with motivated colleagues in a friendly atmosphere. We are a growing SMB, which means you have every opportunity to make a difference.
This might sound like a somewhat unusual area of business at first, but it is one that allows you to operate in an international setting, where you can develop foreign contacts.
You will be able to continuously develop your knowledge: we offer many training opportunities, and your colleagues will be sharing their insights as well.
You will receive a competitive salary plus benefits package.
We look forward to receiving your CV, which you can submit by email to email@example.com or by post: PIPA Trading BVBA, Eentveldstraat 18, 9910 Knesselare.