As with the other good causes, the Vzw Zijn charity organisation will introduce itself by answering a few questions:
What is Vzw Zijn?
"We are a movement that acts against any form of domestic violence. We consider it our duty to break the taboo around domestic violence, and to put an end to a spiral of voilence. Vzw Zijn wants to achieve this by raising awareness, by getting people actively involved (through campaigning) and by sharing our knowledge (through educative activities, study days, etc.)."
What are the initiatives of Vzw Zijn?
“We organise study days and seminars for everyone who got involved in domestic violence, whether in a professional or personal environment. We teach you how to recognise signals, how to raise the topic, what actions you can take, and where to find support. We support and conduct scientific research, we develop networks and we try to have an impact on policy making. Our core business however consists of our annual events and campaigns, such as:
- #KIJKNIETWEG: a campaign that urges victims of domestic violence to speak out, and to raise the issue (do not look away)
- #Jaloersepoes: a campaign about jealousy, which is often one of the triggers for domestic violence
- #Ookmannenmakenhetmee: a campaign about male victims of domestic violence (it happens to men too)
We launched our latest campaign about emotional abuse on 21st of November: Vertederd/Vernederd (endeared/humiliated). We formulate strategies to help recognise the problem in an early stage, to raise the topic and to deal with it."
How many employees does Vzw Zijn have?
"We currently have two full-time employees and a part-time project assistant."
How and where can you get in touch with Vzw Zijn?
“People can contact one of our three employees:
- Mieke: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0468/15 26 74
- Koen: email@example.com or 0468/15 26 71
- Jill: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0473/69 96 57
You can also reach us by telephone at 02/229 38 70, and you can visit us by appointment at our office in the Middaglijnstraat 10 in Brussels.
If you want to know more about our organisation, please visit our website and our Facebook page:
We hope that people can easily reach us through either of these channels."
How can you support Vzw Zijn directly?
"People can make a voluntary donation by bank transfer: BE20 4366 2819 1156. And we are always looking for volunteers to support our organisation.”
Pigeons For Life Auction starts: Friday 8 December 2017
Pigeons For Life Auction ends: Monday 18 December 2017
A charity event in collaboration with…
- donors Gaby Vandenabeele, Bart Geerinckx, Nikolaas Gyselbrecht, Jan Hooymans, Joost De Smeyter, Jelle Jellema, Gino Clicque and Cor De Heijde
- Pigen and Pigeon Photography, who offered their services for free
- The project's initiator Ilse Vandenabeele