The end of the story
On Friday 7th of August the international pigeon racing competition lost one of its strongest players in the long distance and extreme long distance: Roger Mylle (81). He passed away suddenly and unexpectedly, in the midst of the racing season. We had seen the Roger Mylle pigeons race at the front in quite a few races in 2020. In a season where Roger - after a bike accident - and his partner Jeannine had to spend more time in the hospital than in their pigeon lofts, their long distance stars still claimed many national top results in the long distance and extreme long distance, with a minimum of caretaking. It goes to show that the pigeon family from Bellegem is a group of highly talented pigeons.
They had repeatedly demonstrated their potential in the last couple of seasons. The Roger Mylle pigeon family was really on their way to the top in the national and international long distance. Their breakthrough started in 2016, when Roger and Jeannine had the best international pigeon from St. Vincent in their collection across two seasons: racing bird St. Vincent. This was also Belgium's best pigeon in St. Vincent across three years. In 2018 they had the best racing bird from Perpignan 2017-18 on board with Pau Joël, and they claimed a title of 5th Nat. ace pigeon long distance & extreme long distance YLs KBDB 2018 with Ata. They continued to deliver in 2019, winning a title of 9th Nat. ace pigeon long distance & extreme long distance YLs KBDB with Bagatellie, as well as 14th Nat. champion yearlings KBDB long distance & extreme long distance.
It has been a difficult year for them due to their health struggles. But the pigeons of Roger and Jeannine provided some relief, they gave them some energy in these difficult times. Unfortunately Roger was no longer with us to experience the end of the 2020 racing season. It was clear that his pigeon family really wanted to make him proud. They really pushed on towards the end of the season, winning a title of 9th National champion long distance yearlings KBDB 2020, as well as 13th General champion of Belgium KBDB and 21st National champion extreme long distance old birds KBDB. It goes to show that top quality pigeons can always push themselves a bit harder.
An impressive series of national ace pigeons and prize winners offered for sale
Those that have been following the action closely had already seen Roger Mylle's rise to the top. They were clearly on their way to reaching the peak of their potential. The Roger Mylle pigeons are strong performers, particularly in very demanding conditions and in races into a strong headwind. We reckon it would make them very well suited for one loft races as well. This team of long distance stars was a real powerhouse but their success story is now about to come to an end, unfortunately.
Roger Mylle committed to a partnership with PIPA two years ago, and that explains why his pigeon legacy will now be offered for sale in an online PIPA auction. We are selling a team of proven breeding birds that was carefully put together, as well as an entire racing team (pigeons from 2019 and older). These pigeons were responsible for the championship titles in 2019 and 2020. This team consists of superior first prize winners, national and provincial ace pigeons, as well as more than 30 pigeons with one or more national top 100 spots on their palmares! These long distance champions combine strength and endurance with beauty. This fantastic collection is mainly built around two powerful stock breeders: Labeeuw (a genuine Stichelbaut bird) and Mathieu Pau (winner of a 2nd Nat. Pau). This is a world class breed based around pigeons with great potential, capable of excelling in any national competition. This will be auction to look forward to!
Auction starts: Monday 22 February 2021 - Auction closes: Sunday 07 March 2021
Loft Roger Mylle, Belgian top performer from 500 to1000 km
1. Best Perpignan pigeon of Belgium over 2 years 2017-18
1. Best St.Vincent pigeon International over 2 years 2015-16
1. Best St.Vincent pigeon Belgium over 3 years 2014-15-16
1. Best St.Vincent pigeon Belgium over 2 years 2015-16
1. Provincial Ace-Pigeon Long Distance KBDB 2010
5. Nat Ace Long Dist & Extreme Long Dist YL KBDB 2018
5. Nat Champion Extreme Long Distance KBDB 2016
9. Nat Ace Long Dist & Extreme Long Dist YL KBDB 2019
9. National Champion Long Distance Yearlings KBDB 2020
11. Nat Ace Extreme Long Distance KBDB 2016
13. General Champion KBDB 2020
14. Nat Champion Long Dist & Extreme Long Dist YL KBDB 2019
21. National Champion Extreme Long Dist. Old KBDB 2020
1. Provincial Narbonne 527 p. 2014
1. Provincial Gueret 3,318 p. in 2012
1. Provincial La Châtre 1,615 p. in 2011
1. Provincial Montluçon 1,840 p.
1. Nat Zone Gueret 7,174 p.in 2012
2. National Pau 2,338 p. in 2011
2. National Montluçon 14,230 p.
2. Provincial Perpignan 937 p. in 2017
2. Prov Ace pigeon Extreme Long Distance KBDB West-Fl 2016
2. Best pigeon of Belgium Extreme Long Dist. – 3 Intnat races 2016
2. Ace pigeon Jan Breydel Marathon 2016
3. Provincial Ace Long Distance YL KBDB 2019
4. Best European pigeon Extreme Long Dist – 3 races 2016