Over the past several years, the old Sangers breed was successfully reinforced with an impressive group of Van Den Bulck and Lambrechts birds. The latest introduction was a group of 4 youngsters of Best Kittel, 6 youngsters of Daniël and 2 youngsters of Junior of PIPA Breeding. Marcel calls them the missing link on the road to future success.
2020 was a turbulent season, also for Marcel and Brian Sangers. They already had to rethink their goals in March but looking back, things have worked out really well this year! We take a look at their best races of 2020:
They closed the season with a 1st Ace Pigeon Natour in District De IJssel, and Brian Sangers also finished in the top five Golden Pigeon twice, and he is quite likely to claim another top five spot:
- 3rd Golden Pigeon sprint in The Netherlands June/July with a 0.93 coefficient
- 4th Golden Pigeon long distance in The Netherlands with a 1.55 coefficient
- Kandidaat top 5 Gouden Duif snelheid van Nederland aug/sep met coëfficiënt 1,3
A distinct eye for talent
Pretty much throughout his career, Marcel Sangers has demonstrated the art of successfully matching pigeons and bloodlines. In the mid-1990s he developed a fantastic Camphuis-based pigeon family, which he further strengthened with the help of the outstanding Super Kweker. This was the basis for a 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon sprint (Top Gun), a 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon middle distance (Young Gun) and a 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon one day long distance (Eagle Eye). At the turn of the century, he also invested in a group of pigeons from Gerard Koopman, to further enhance his existing pigeon breed. And then came the truly exceptional results, such as a 1st-4th-5th-6th-7th-8th-16th-etc. NPO Orleans of 18,127 p. and a 1st-3rd-5th-7th-9th-10th-17th etc. NPO Bourges of 10,765 p. and a total of 7 first prizes NPO.
In 2015, after his move, he used his trusted Sangers bloodlines as his main building blocks, to which he added pigeons from the best of Dirk Van Den Bulck and Stefaan Lambrechts. These two breeds are closely related, and Marcel was confident that they have what it takes to 'reach a new level'. Once again, this wonderboy showed his excellent gut feel, and he soon found himself in the spotlight again. For instance, he won a prestigious title of 3rd Superstar Sprint Golden Pigeon in The Netherlands in 2019, besides the following top results across 2018 and 2019:
Marcel and Brian would not hesitate to acknowledge that the majority of their best results have been won thanks to the introduction of Van Den Bulck and Lambrechts pigeons. And most fanciers agree that this is the best collection of pigeons that the two fanciers have ever had. Here is a brief overview of the invaluable breeding birds that are responsible for their countless achievements.
Sangers Pigeons has the following Van Den Bulck breeders:
- 5 youngsters of Kittel – 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon sprint KBDB and a top breeder
- 3 youngsters of Goede Rode x Olympic Rosita – the parents of Kittel
- 2 youngsters of Greipel – 6th Nat. Ace Pigeon KBDB & full brother Kittel
- 3 youngsters of New Kittel – Substitute Olympiad Pigeon & brother Kittel
- 2 youngsters of Broer Goede Rode x Olympic Rosita – stock pair II
- 2 youngsters of Broer Goede Rode x Golden Leo 999 – super class breeding pair
- 2 youngsters of Broer Goede Rode x Golden Leo 40000 – super class breeding pair
- 4 youngsters of the Olympiad pair, the parents of Olympic Rosita, the dam of Kittel
- 2 youngsters & 2 sisters of Olympic Kittel 006, a new super class racing bird for Van Den Bulck
And Sangers Pigeons has the following Stefaan Lambrecht breeders on board as well:
- 5 youngsters of Lincia, 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon KBDB 2015 & super class breeder
- 4 full brothers and 2 sisters of Lincia
- 3 youngsters of Het Blokje, super class breeder and the grandmother of Lincia
- 6 youngsters of Blauw Gert, Nr. 1 stock breeder for the Lambrechts family
- 4 youngsters of Super 188, 2nd Nat. Ace Pigeon KBDB
- 3 youngsters of Tornado, 1st prov. & 3rd Nat. Ace Pigeon KBDB 2014
Super breeders Gold Dust and Angelina
The best two breeding hens today are without doubt BE15-4264261 Gold Dust and BE15-4100451 Angelina; two daughters of the renowned Van Den Bulck breeding pair Goede Rode x Olympic Rosita, and the world's best two breeding sisters of Kittel. Descendants of these fantastic breeders have not only been thriving in the lofts of Team Sangers, they were also invaluable to fanciers like Peter Van De Merwe, G. & H. Calis, Rui Lobato (Portugal) and others. A lot has been said about Gold Dust and Angelina, but the list of achievements of their direct descendants pretty much says it all.
The achievements of the youngsters of Gold Dust for Sangers Pigeons:
Three generations of descendants of Gold Dust win the following prizes:
And here are the achievements of Angelina's youngsters for Sangers Pigeons:
‘Angelina’ is grandmother of:
A look into the future
The current generation of breeders has been responsible for many fantastic results over the years. And Marcel is confident that his latest introductions have everything it takes to provide him with new race winners in the future as well. These new introductions come from PIPA Breeding, home of the fantastic Best Kittel dynasty. This is the palmers of Best Kittel:
The Best Kittel family won the following titles:
Marcel calls it the absolute sensation of today. "These pigeons went on to dominate the Belgian sprint competition in no time. The Dehon-Demonseau family, which developed this exceptional strain, has won the title of 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon sprint KBDB thee times in the last four years. PIPA Breeding takes great care of these bloodlines, and the number of references that have been coming in is nothing short of amazing." Sangers Pigeons knows what this strain is capable of. A grandchild of Best Kittel was transferred to the satellite lofts of Marco Boerman, where he promptly won a 1st semi-prov. Quievrain of 7,305 pigeons.
Sangers Pigeons has really committed to these new bloodlines, and youngsters of some fantastic pairings went straight to the breeding loft. That includes:
- 1 youngster Best Kittel x Dam Daniel 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon sprint KBDB ’19
- 1 youngster Best Kittel x Daughter Best Kittel
- 1 youngster Best Kittel x Sister Best Kittel
- 1 youngster Best Kittel x Shakira (1st-1st-3rd-5th-14th of +1,400 p. on average)
- 1 youngster Daniel x Moeder Best Kittel
- 1 youngster Daniel x Shakira (1st-1st-3rd-5th-14th of +1,400 p. on average)
- 2 youngsters Daniel x Daughter Best Kittel with dam Best Kittel
- 2 youngsters Daniel x Inbred daughter Best Kittel
- 1 youngster Junior x Dam Best Kittel
- 1 youngster Junior x Zus Best Kittel II (candidate for 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon sprint KBDB ’20)
A few of the stars of 2020
We return from the future and we take a look back at the 2020 season, to zoom in on the pigeons that have really come forward this year. They illustrate the enormous success of this 'new Sangers wonder formula'. We begin with NL19-1417028 Aranca. She claimed several top results in 2020 and she was particularly successful in the natour. She won the following prizes in just two weeks' time:
Earlier top results include a 4th Morlincourt of 4,286 p. (behind teammates), a 38th Bourges 1,585 p., a 51st Fay Aux Loges 2,639 p., a 57th Nanteuil 2,158 p. and a 78th Maastricht 2,056 p. Her sire is Stefaans Favourite, a direct Stefaan Lambrechts from 1st Nat. Ace Pigeon KBDB Lincia x her own grandfather. The dam is Kim, a full sister of Olympic Kittel of Van Den Bulck.
Sangers Pigeons also went on to win a title of 1st Ace Pigeon Natoer District De Ijssel in that same Natoer competition. This title goes to NL19-1417086 Limited Edition, a hen that just barely survived an attack from a bird of prey two weeks earlier. She is a one year old hen and a daughter of Katu x Kira. Katu is one of the best breeders of Van Den Bulck and a half brother of Kittel, being a youngster of Broer Goede Rode x Olympic Rosita. Katu is also the grandfather of:
- 1st NPO Rethel 2,796 p. & fastest of 4,088 p.
- 1st Peronne 5,804 p.
- 1st prize winner 5,790 p.
- 1st Stafford 1,123 p.
- 1st Wolvertem 237 p.
- 2nd prov. Blankenheim 17,726 p.
- 5th prov. Bierges 25,391 p.
- 6th prize 2,591 p.
The dam is Kira, a highly talented daughter of Super Red (inbred to Superkweker Sangers) x Angelina, a very gifted sister of Kittel. Kira was herself a great racing bird as well:
- 3rd Nat. ace pigeon middle distance ‘De Allerbeste’ 2017
- 1st Epernay 1,178 p. 2017
- 1st Vervins 1,052 p. 2017
- 1st Nanteuil 256 p. & 6th fastest 10,186 p. 2017
- 2nd ace pigeon middle distance District De IJssel 2017
- 5th s-prov. ace pigeon middle distance 2017
Another fantastic racing bird is NL17-1826230 Silvie. She has had some excellent results over the years, including a podium spot NPO from Bourges in 2020. We take a look at her palmares so far:
The sire is 'Da Capo', winner of a 10th NPO Gien of 5,615 p. 559 km, a 15th NPO Gien 9,395 p. 559 km and a 17th NPO Bourges 5,094 p. 627 km. He is a full brother of Dior, 8th Nat. Ace Pigeon allround WHZB 2019 as a yearling, and a son of King (from New Kittel VD Bulck) x Lotus (a daughter of Fast Of Lightning).
The dam of Silvie is Adora, a 1st Ace Pigeon middle distance district 2019, 1st young bird ace pigeon natoer district 2016 and 2nd s-prov. ace pigeon middle distance 2019.
And lastly we have two Teletext pigeons for Team Sangers in Nanteuil. We start with NL18-5160028 Godiva, winner of:
Her sire is Old Gold, a terrific inbred cock to Super Kweker, and the sire of several successful racing birds like Goldfever (1st Soisson of 16,915 p.), Kathy (1st TXT Chalons 5,940 p.), Kiki (1st s-prov. & 15th Nat. Ace Pigeon) and Kitty (1st Isnes of 1,894 p.). The dam is Verasu, a direct Stefaan Lambrechts.
Racing hen NL18-1632737 Jolene is another very talented descendant, and winner of:
The sire of Joline is Skittel, a fantastic son of Kittel Van Den Bulck. Skittel also bred the winners of a 1st Chimay of 1,804 p., a 2nd & 4th Chimay of 10,239 p., a 3rd Nanteuil of 1,708 p., a 5th Quievrain of 4,624 p., a 6th Niergnies of 7,100 p. and a 7th Quievrain of 15,420 p.
The dam is Megan, 1st semi-prov. ace pigeon sprint 2014 & 10th Nat. Ace Pigeon sprint WHZB-TBOTB 2014.
Whether we are talking about past, present or future: Sangers Pigeons can rely on a collection of pigeons of unprecedented quality. Time and time again, Marcel and Brian come up with the right formula to breed new generations of highly successful racing birds. With the introduction of some world class pigeons from the Best Kittel dynasty they appear to have a solid foundation for future success in the post-Covid era.